Our Recovery is an online engagement service used by CRCs to inform and update their communities on community news, priorities and consultations. Our Recovery is provided by the state of Victoria through Bushfire Recovery Victoria (BRV); administered by the twenty-two community-led Community Recovery Committees (CRC) formed in response to the 2019/2020 bushfires, supported by 3 local councils and developed by Social Pinpoint.
Who Are We?
Using this site
As part of the registration process you may choose to receive newsletters and other updates from Our Recovery by email. If you then change your mind, you can unsubscribe at any time by logging in to your Our Recovery account and unchecking the appropriate boxes.
Unless otherwise stated by us, the content that you post to Our Recovery will be visible to all who visit the site. All of the content that you post to the site is your sole responsibility. Our Recovery does not endorse the views or material contained in the contributions of members of the public or third party sites and is not responsible for the content, availability or performance of external sites linked to or hosting the service.
There are some rules about what you can and cannot post on the site. These rules include:
- Protect your privacy and that of others by not including personal information about yourself or others
- Do not impersonate or falsely represent any other person, including by creating additional accounts on the service
- Do not post material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- Do not post or repost anything that could be considered spam
- Do not abuse, harass or threaten others
- Do not post anything which:
- vilifies others on the basis of their race or religion
- incites, induces or aids violence, discrimination, harassment, victimisation or hatred towards others
- may offend, insult or humiliate others, particularly on the basis of their race, colour, descent, national origin, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any disability
- makes defamatory or libellous comments
- uses insulting, obscene, provocative or hateful language or
- encourages conduct that may constitute a criminal or civil offence or otherwise violate Australian federal or Victorian law
- Do not post anything that contains or links to commercial activities, except where the commercial links or discussions have been consented to as part of the topic or issue under discussion.
We monitor the content posted on Our Recovery on a regular basis. If you wish to report content that you believe contravenes the above rules, you can do so by emailing us at email@example.com.
When will we edit and remove content?
Links to other websites
Our Recovery may contain links to websites which are not controlled or owned by us. Those websites have their own terms and conditions of use and you should familiarise yourself with them.
Other important terms
- We cannot guarantee the accuracy or usefulness of any translation of the information on Our Recovery or any linked website.
- In no event will we be liable for any indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential, special or exemplary damages of any kind, including but not limited to damages resulting from your access to, use of, or inability to access or use the Our Recovery service, for any lost profits, data loss, or cost of procurement or substitute goods and services or for any conduct or content of any third party on Our Recovery
- We will not become involved in disputes between you and other users of Our Recovery or between you and third parties
- We may use technology to protect the security of communications made through the Our Recovery service. However, we do not accept liability for the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any transactions and other communication made through Our Recovery
- Please ensure that you keep your own copies of your content, as Our Recovery may not archive, store or back-up your content to make your content accessible online.
Indemnification and Release
We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to this indemnity clause. If we do so, you agree that you will cooperate and help us to assert any defences.
You agree to release and discharge us, to the full extent permitted by law, from all actions, proceedings, claims or demands for costs and damages howsoever arising which you may have at any time against us arising out of or related to your use of the Our Recovery service.
You confirm that you own or have the right to use any copyright material included in your content and that you are not infringing any person’s rights by submitting the content to Our Recovery.
All intellectual property in the content of the Our Recovery website (except for the content submitted by you and other users including other community organisations) are owned by or licensed to us and are protected by law, including but not limited to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
Moral Rights Consent
You unconditionally and irrevocably consent, and will obtain all other necessary unconditional and irrevocable written consents from other persons involved in producing any content, to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights in any content which is transmitted by you onto the Our Recovery website whether occurring before or after a consent is given.